Build Capacity to Navigate the Complexities of Change
Equity-centered facilitation, consulting, coaching, programs, retreats, and training to empower your leadership, team, community, organization, or institution for generative social impact.
- Build capacity for how to implement equity-centered organizational change.
- Generate readiness for building cultures of belonging through communication, emotional intelligence, radical empathy, relationships, and trauma responsiveness.
- Shift from performative to immersive with embodied approaches to transforming perspectives, behaviors, and patterns.
Services draw from the expertise of the EmpowR Web of advisors, collaborators, facilitators, and practitioners, led by founder and managing director, Rae Carter.
EmpowR Transformation provides value to:
- Actualize next steps with adaptability.
- Approach unlearning and relearning at your entry points for change.
- Break down complexity with value, relevance, and guidance.
- Create opportunities for shared understanding and alignment.
- Excavate approaches that get at the roots of transformation.
- Nourish trust, relationships, and authentic connection.
- Relate the interdependence of personal to cultural, microcosm to macrocosm.
- Reweave language, narratives, and stories for inclusion, understanding, and celebration of differences.
Interested in Sparking a Working Relationship?
- Accountability and Affinity Spaces
- AntiRacist Culture Building
- Coalition Building
- Conflict Resolution
- Challenging Conversations
- Community Engagement
- Group/Team Dynamics
- Interpersonal Communication
- Restorative Practices
- Trust and Relationship Building
Our work with clients is rooted in relationship, cultivated with communication, centered in equity, and driven by our accountability to transformative justice and emergent strategy.
- Advocacy & Organizing
- Collective Impact
- DEIB/DEIJ Capacity Building, Integration and Shared Learning
- Embodied Anti Oppression Education
- Equity and Leadership Coaching
- Organizational Communication
- Nature-based Experiential Learning
- Power Sharing & Leadership Restructuring
- Social Impact Project Management
- Somatic Abolitionism & Cultural Somatics
- Visioning/Strategic Planning
- Work Flow & Process Restructuring
One-on-one professional development sessions to support equity integration, leadership development, organizational communication, and visioning for cultural conditions of equity, belonging, and collective liberation.
Design a collaborative program for your audience to build momentum in personal, organizational, and cultural transformation and movement in transformative justice and emergent strategy.
Or work with us to tailor one of our existing programs for your group or organization:
Invitations for speaking engagements, storytelling, presentations, emcee opportunities, and panel discussions are welcome and appreciated.
Cocreate a customized retreat at Grandmother Cherry Sanctuary for your group, team, community, organization, or institution.
“The Vermont Farm Show is in a pivotal time of transition–needing to pause, reflect, reach out, and re-adjust to better serve the Vermont farming community. We felt well guided with Rae’s careful intention and process to approaching our complex situation with many potential collaborators. While the Vermont Farm Show has a lot of work ahead, Rae helped provide a clear plan to help us move forward. We appreciate that Rae expanded beyond the current systems and how-it’s-always-been-done-thinking to help the Vermont Farm Show begin to re-imagine a diverse and inclusive future that is led by a representation of all Vermont agriculturalists, from all scales.”
~ Kyla Parmalee, vice-president, Vermont Farm Show Board
“In the summer of 2022, the Board and Senior Leadership Team of our nonprofit mental health organization attended an all-day equity integration retreat facilitated by Rae Carter of EmpowR. I personally researched many options for such training before deciding on Rae. I liked her open and honest approach to my questions and concerns, and her “mental health” approach to training. Rae is a flexible trainer, adjusting her input based on the needs of the group. She assured that every member present that day was heard and had time to express their thoughts and questions. In addition, the retreat was held at the beautiful outdoor Grandma Cherry Sanctuary, a lovely and serene setting for such an important topic. Rae worked with our group to provide an understanding of the history of racism as well as insight and solutions going forward. She was readily available to help us as questions and concerns arose. She was instrumental in outlining “next steps” in a concrete action plan. I would highly recommend Rae for a greater understanding of such an invaluable topic.”
~ ML, NonProfit Board & Equity Committee Member
Interested in Sparking a Working Relationship?