Communication Counsel Sessions
Communication Growth & Professional Development
Communication counsel sessions are offered to people who are seeking support with interpersonal, group, and/or organizational communication techniques and transitions for shifting away from white dominant cultural norms.
Sessions are creatively designed to hold a vulnerable container for unlearning, relearning, and accountability to impact for our words and actions. Sessions bring awareness to how white supremacy culture infiltrates all aspects of how we communicate with each other, and how to approach self examination work to reverse the trajectory of harm. Emotional support and embodiment practices help bring you into your body and out of intellectual frameworks so you can approach communication growth and development from a new perspective.
EmpowR founder, Rae Carter, offers sessions drawing from ongoing lessons in anti-racism journey, decolonization, and trauma work. Rae integrates her career background in communications, marketing, and public relations with current cultural shifts to provide communication counsel in support of transformative justice. Her ongoing training and practice in equitable and empathetic communication, embodiment and mindfulness, racialized trauma and culture somatics, community-centered leadership, and transforming our relationships with each other support you in communication counsel sessions for personal and professional aspects of your life.
Communication Counsel Sessions Provide:
- Approaches to culture change that prioritize relationships and dialogue, and how to advocate for and enact communication norm shifts.
- Creative solutions for crafting new narratives and releasing harmful stories and assumptions.
- Practices that center equity and belonging in interpersonal, small group, and team communications, and how those changes ripple into community conversations and organizational dialogue.
- Strength and courage to stand in your power, speak your truth, and communicate your needs in work, home, family, or community life.
- Deeper listening skills to strengthen relationships and proactively engage in unlearning and relearning.
- Exploration of changes to language and how to embrace constant adjustments.
- New perspective to approach challenges, change, and opportunities in your interpersonal communication with personal and professional relationships.
Schedule a Communication Counsel Session
“Rae is a person who brings together a unique package of vision, values, wisdom, experience, and skills. Combined with the powerful cancer healing journey she’s been on, this allows her to offer an array of services with a deep commitment to helping people and organizations to make the change that they seek.”
~ Eric Becker, Clean Yield Asset Management